Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Our little trip into the woods was nerve-racking, to say the least, but at least we found Hypnos’ former camp. The camp is well defended with tree stands, trenches, and wards...my wards. They copied my wards. As soon as I stepped into camp, it felt like my bones itched. I smiled when I realized what was causing the feeling... How ironic. Luckily, the sensation wasn’t strong. Eternity didn’t seem to notice it at all, actually.

I toyed with the notion of sabotaging the wards, but decided against it. It’s a nice camp. It’s a really nice camp. In fact, I hereby declare that camp as mine. I’ll re-ward it and put a semi-permanent deer blind there later.

After we found the area where they had been keeping Hawk, the Rake herded us back to the house.

Herded us.


And what the fuck is wrong with the Rake now? It’s lost Its mind. Ripping the woods apart, testing my wards constantly...and that fucking screeching. God, that screeching. Words cannot describe it. Oh yeah, and the staring. That’s fun too. As a general rule, I do not, under any circumstances, look the Rake in Its black, soulless eyes. Do you know how hard it is to avoid looking something in the eye when all it does for hours is stare directly at you? The Rake acts like It wants to kill Eternity too...but is it my imagination or does It look at me with slightly more loathing than It does her?

So what’s changed? I haven’t antagonized It any more than usual lately. Well, so long as the wards hold It off, there’s no cause for alarm. Creepy fucker. I never did figure out what It wanted.


Anyways, the second place the beetle stopped on the map was a nearby town, so we’re heading there sometime tomorrow.

Also, Eternity said something about a “destructive anti-Rake water gun apparatus.” Which reminds me. I need to buy a dozen Super Soakers while we’re in town tomorrow. And the materials to build a couple of those backpack water gun things.



Valete

No comments:

Post a Comment